Ukrainian Village is located in the heart of the City of Parma. In October of 2008, Parma City Council passed Resolution 290-08 declaring State Road between Tuxedo Avenue and Grantwood Drive as “Ukrainian Village.”
Ukrainian Village was founded in 2009. The Ukrainian Village Planning Committee included the following members: Wasyl Liscynesky, President UZO, Chairman; Christine Palaschenko. Co-chair; Rev. John Nakonachny; Rev. Michael Hontaruk; Rev. Michael Kulick; Rev. Vasyl Petriv; Rev. Bohdan Zhoba; Pastor Viktor Pilipchuk; Roman Fedkiw; Andrij Futey; Danylo Kulchytsky; Lev Kulchytsky; Maria Kwit-Flynn; Maria lvankiv; Irene Kulick; Anya Lendel; Evhen Palka; Lida Parc; Diana Prodan; and Natalia Simms.
The Ukrainian Village Committee was formed two years later, in 2011, by the United Ukrainian Organizations of Ohio (UZO) as a working committee. UZO has been representing the Ukrainian-American community of Ohio since 1928.
Current members of the Ukrainian Village Committee include: Roman Fedkiw, Chairman; Zoriana Zobniw, Secretary; Hans Bloom; Yosyf Ciszkewycz; Zenon Chaikovsky; and Stefan P. Stefaniuk.
To preserve, empower, and advance Ukrainian Village as a thriving neighborhood by celebrating the culture and heritage of Ukrainian Americans and to collaborate with the City of Parma in creating business and economic development within its boundaries.